We all have a responsibility to protect the Environment.
We are very aware that datacentres are fast becoming one of the largest consumers of power in the world. That’s why when we designed and built Fortis, we felt a responsibility to aim for the highest levels of efficiency out there, and then exceed them. It’s the little things that add up to the difference. Here are just a few examples of how far we go to protect our environment:
- One of the UK’s lowest operational, annualised PUE figures for a co-location datacentre
- Powered by 100% renewable energy sources
- Indirect free air cooling for the full facility
- The latest highly efficient Uninterruptable Power Supplies (UPS) to minimise power losses
- Lossless power transformers
- Real-time Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) to optimise airflow
- Cold Aisle Containment throughout the datacentre
- Waste recycling service (in fact we favour suppliers who can offer this over those that can’t)
- IT equipment recycling service
- Energy efficient lighting systems throughout
- Only operational staff are based at the datacentre (people use power)
- Intelligent building management system and DataCentre Infrastructure Management (DCIM) system to continually tune the facility to run at the optimum level
Okay so some of those are not so little but you get the picture. We take our responsibility to the environment very seriously and are constantly looking to innovate and drive efficiencies in our operations to reduce the impact on our environment.